The digital parking aid MWE 9008 with PPS (parameter programming system) from Dometic for the front and rear of a car or van.
In contrast to the similar parking aid MWE 860 in three stages, the sensitivity of the eight sensors (Ø 18 mm - four for the front and four for the rear) of the MWE 9008 can be set completely individually to your own needs thanks to PPS. The parameter programming system also enables the detection area and the actual stop zone to be set individually. When measuring the distance, this also takes into account fixed vehicle structures, such as a trailer coupling. When using a bike rack, you can set the system to a second stop zone - depending on whether the bike rack is unfolded or not.
This system is ideal for wide cars, vans or mobile homes. It monitors the rear area acoustically and visually at a distance of approx. 0.3 to 1.80 meters and automatically mutes the radio when maneuvering.
Optionally, this parking aid can also be equipped with an optical color or LED display and thus offers almost the same parking comfort as an original factory-installed system.
|Sensor diameter:||18 mm|
|Detection range:||approx. 0.30 m up to 1.80 m|
|Ultrasound frequency:||40 kHz|
|Input voltage:||9 - 30 V|
|Current:||max. 220 mA|
|Operation temperature:||-25 °C to +70 °C|
In the delivery are included:
- 1x Control electronics, rear sensors
- 1x Control electronics, front sensors
- 1x Loudspeaker
- 2x Control electronics connection cable
- 2x Ultrasonic sensors (blue)
- 2x Ultrasonic sensors (black)
- 4x Ultrasonic sensors (brown)
- 8x Standard 0 degree sensor holder (for fitting from the inside)
- 8x Standard 12 degree sensor holder (for fitting from the inside)
- 8x Sensor holder 0 degree with cover ring (for fitting from the outside)
- 8x Sensor holder 12 degree with cover ring (for fitting from the outside)
- 1x Core bit Ø 18 mm
- Fastening material, and
- a multi-lingual installation and operation manual
Other accessories, such as other sensor holders (for sub-mounting or surface mounting), extension cable or display, are not included in the scope of delivery.
Never install parts of the parking aid (just as other parts) in the effective area of an airbag, otherwise there may be a considerable risk of injury if the airbag is deployed.
If you have a vehicle with LED lights, installing the parking aid can lead to malfunctions!
The sensors can and may be painted.
And please always remember that a parking aid should provide you with additional support. However, this does not mean that the use of this device (as well as all other auxiliary systems) does not release you from performing your special duty of care and caution when maneuvering.